Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Did I mention that I am an accountant?

And guess what? TAX SEASON IS HERE! 

When I started blogging last year, I wondered how I would handle blogging and working overtime during tax season. Apparently I am not doing well. I also started the new workout craze called P90X. I know that some of you have heard of it, but for those of you that haven't, it is WICKED tough. It is about an hour or more a day.

MORE WORK + INTENSE WORKOUTS = NO FUN FOR LAUREN

Given that I am not holding up to my promise of new and exciting projects every week, I am going to try harder!

To start.... I received a generous gift card to a local fabric shop for my birthday. I got all these goodies:

 (1/2 yard each: "la fleur du lin" by Lecien, "A Little Bird Told Me" by Windham Fabrics, "Wee Play" by American Jane)
(Some more Anna Maria Horner - Good Folks!)

(1 yard each "Le Poulet" by Whistler Studios and "Wonderland" by MoMo. I plan on using these to make sewing room accessories like a pin cushion)

The rest of these are fat quarters and I have no idea what they are called and who they are by but I love them none-the-less. You will notice that I am attracted to some pretty bizarre fabrics. I am trying to collect fabrics for a vintage inspired quilt (I already have a ton of vintage in my stash from my aunt, so I am trying to supplement). Check it:





 (I love these dots! I bought 4 of these fat quarters for $1 each!)







 
 (I really really LOVE LOVE this one. I am not a super-modern person, but something attracts me to this fabric. If anyone knows where I can buy it by the yard, please let me know!!)



I am VERY excited about the stash additions. I bought a ton of the blue/ivory dots and the ivory/white waves and hope to use those on some upcoming baby projects.

Stay tuned... 

xoxo


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment