Saturday, April 23, 2011

Glamour Shots (for Easter eggs?)

I hope I am not the only one out there, but I have absolutely no childhood memory of dyeing Easter eggs. When my neighbor got wind of this sad fact, I found her at my door with eggs and a cool dye kit. The dye kit was like nothing I had ever seen before, first you dye the egg, then you rub on colored foils.


 (Purple, "red", yellow, green and blue dyes)

 (Straight blue, blue-green, purple, straight green, yellow, and "red")


So, after all of the eggs are dyed and dried for a few minutes, you put this gluey substance over the eggs and let that dry for a minute to get tacky. Then, you took a square sheet of gold, silver, pink, purple, blue, and green colored foils and rubbed them all over the egg and peeled them off.... and this was our end result:


I think that I worked on the yellow & gold one in the center, the purple & pink one to the right of the yellow & gold, and the green and silver egg in the top left-hand corner. I even got my husband to work on some eggs! He's not really a crafter, he's moreof a tinker-er. I should have gotten some photo evidence, but I didn't.

I am not going to lie to you, I kind of LOVED IT. I want to gold foil everything in my house. This might be another addiction. I also loved the egg dyeing. Unfortunately, I don't like hard-boiled eggs at all, so it would be a waste to dye a bunch and toss them. My neighbor took them home with her after I had my fun. AND IT WAS FUN!


Happy Easter everyone!

OH and that is another item off the bucket list! Yessss! Check out my finished projects on flickr

xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment