Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bento Binding - Phase 1

Could it possibly take me any longer to finish a quilt? I am still a newbie, so I attribute my slowness to that. I am also super indecisive and take weeks to decide on backing and binding and quilt patterns, all of which really halt the process. 

Does anyone out there actually plan out their quilt from start to finish? Do you find that you still change your mind after you've started? 

Anyway...as I was saying...binding.



 I don't know why, but I always start sewing the binding on after I've pinned it all, but then as I'm sewing, I take all of the pins out and just don't use them. Whatever works, I guess!



All sewn on and ready to be finished! I really want to try hand sewing the binding, but the last time I tried hand sewing it on, I swore it would be the last. I just did a truly terrible job. Any advice out there? Mine always look SLOPPY!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment