Sunday, October 2, 2011

Back at it this week

Oh Boy. Remember the Farmer's Wife Quilt A-Long I joined 4 weeks late and am now 16 weeks behind in? Umm, yeah. I am going to get on that this week. 

In case you aren't familiar, it is a Quilt A-Long that a TON of bloggers are participating in, all over the world. The finished quilt will consist of 111 blocks, and we plan on doing about 2 blocks per week. I am VERY behind. 

My previous posts on this subject are:
Also, see my flickr photos of my progress on the QAL thus far. 

So, guess what I did today? I unpacked this box!


I also realized that the old method of cutting out the template, tracing it onto manilla folders, then cutting out the folders was not intelligent. I bet I was loosing some accuracy by cutting twice.
 (Old method)

So, given my unhappiness with my previous method. I took some suggestions and went Staples and had all of the templates laminated. I hesitated doing this because I thought that it would be wicked expensive. But... it was only $8.80 for the 5 sheets that I ended up needing.



I was pretty determined to get these all cut out today. I knew I that I would need some serious entertainment.....


1 HILARIOUS DVD later..... they are all cut out!


This week I am definitely going to be catching up. I don't plan on being fully caught up, but I really need to get back into this groove.
Stay tuned.


Holler!

No comments:

Post a Comment