Monday, October 24, 2011

Ball Jar Goodness

I feel all flustered with excitement. 

Two of my good friends got married in September. They had an outdoors-y themed wedding, up in the Adirondacks (mountains in New York). It was a the most gorgeous day in September and I didn't think that they day could have been any more perfect. 


Until I walk from the ceremony into the reception hall and the tables are covered with..... you guessed it..... ball jars!


How pretty! I was in total Heaven. I've expressed my love for canning jars in previous posts. In my wildly inappropriate nature, I immediately went up to the bride and politely told her that I would be buying those jars from her after the wedding. To my delight, she agreed (as if she had an option).

I stopped by their house on Sunday to sift through all of her jars. I left with the most perfect jars ever. I left with 2 sizes. 1 Quart (shown below) and 1 pint (shown below below).

 (12 1 Quart jars (I actually ended up with 18 total 1Q jars, wooohoo!)

  (16 1 Pint jars)


These are a sample of each type of jar I obtained.  For the pint jars, I have 2 varieties. The Ball Eclipse Wide Mouth jars (left) and the ATLAS Wholefruit Jar (right).





I don't know why, but I totally love this Wholefruit Jar. I love the font and everything. Wicked cute.



For the 1 Quart jars I actually had 4 different varieties. From left to right... Ball IDEAL, Ball Eclipse Widemouth, ATLAS E-Z Seal, & ATLAS WHOLEFRUIT.

 


My two favorites were...




I am soo sooo sooooo pumped to have these beauties. Oh, did I mention that my friend sold them to me for $1 each! Wooohoo! I might have hubby box some up and put them under the tree for me. Haha. 

I do already have plans for these babies. These are NOT for my craft room. I really am desperate for the blue ball jars for the craft room because I am painting the wooden bookshelves an antique white color, so those blue ball jars are SO NECESSARY. 

However, these will be put to good use. Chris (hubby) and I make a lot of spice blends and keep them in very very very miniature containers which therefore are exhausted quickly. I can't wait to use a few pint sized jars for our spice blending. We blend a great steak/burger mix, pumpkin spice, a black & red pepper blend, etc. I also want to make some lotions and body scrubs and these jars will be perfect. I also plan on canning! Duh. I have been blog stalking and am obsessed with this blog...Food in Jars... everything she makes looks sooooooo amazing! She has a page on her blog with what seems like hundreds of recipes, and they all sound sooooo yummy.


Can you share some of your very favorite canning recipes with me?

Holler!

No comments:

Post a Comment