Thursday, January 12, 2012

Copy-Cat

I'm not one of those Vera Bradley "people". I don't have a collection of her bags, I don't have  6 or 7 patterns that I am obsessed with, nothing like that. I did however buy this little diddy.


I was definitely first attracted to the pattern. I LOVE LOVE LOVE poppies! And... I had a giftcard, so I thought, what the hey! I am not really sure what exactly it was supposed to be, but I knew what I was going to use it for. 




See those two pockets in the photo above? I use the one on the left for coupons and I use the one on the right for other important documents that I need in my purse.

I keep this in my purse at all times. It is nice and slim, so it doesn't take up too much room. There is just enough space to put all of those Bed Bath and Beyond coupons in nicely. I wouldn't know what to do with all of that stuff without this thing. 

Yadda  Yadda Yadda... I want to make some! I haven't tried to replicate anything yet, so I tried to draw out every element of the pattern and figure out all of my measurements and seam allowances, etc. before hand.


I think that I am going to use the following fabric below. Have I told you that I am totally over winter? I am not even sewing for it. I don't care, really. REALLY. It is tax season, so I won't even be outside for the next 4 months anyway, so I might as well just skip it. Given that consideration, I am moving onward and upward to sewing with spring/summer prints. 



Stay tuned for the finished product!

Holler!

No comments:

Post a Comment