Sunday, July 1, 2012

Another Success, Sourdough Pretzels!

Heyyyy There! 

I have been super busy. This summer is CRAZY! Anyway... given my newly acquired sourdough starter, I have been making this bread about once a week. It is soooooo good!

I thought that I would expand my horizons a little bit and make Sourdough Pretzels. 




Using some random sourdough pretzel recipe online, I made a great batch of sourdough pretzel dough in my bread machine. 

I've made pretzels before, and haven't yet mastered the perfect pretzel shape. I thought that  I would try a few different pretzel shapes out. 

I'm naming this shape the "Single On Top", which refers to the fact that it was a single twist, and the ends of the twist were on the top of the pretzel.


I'm naming this shape the "Single On Bottom", which refers to the fact that it was a single twist, and the ends of the twist were underneath the pretzel, on the bottom.


I'm naming this shape the "Double On Bottom", which refers to the fact that it was a double twist, and the ends of the twist were underneath the pretzel, on the bottom.


 I'm naming this shape the "Double Knot", which refers to the fact that it was a single twist, and it was kind of a big knotty looking thing.




I chose the method of only baking the pretzels. Some pretzel recipes call for boiling the pretzels, and I like the feeling/taste/look/texture of only baked pretzels. I brushed an egg wash on each pretzel and then topped with coarse sea salt.

 (Couldn't resist staring at them)


Ok. Then you brush them with a ton of butter. 


How picture perfect? My very favorite pretzel, at the end of the day, was the Double on Bottom. 


Wooohoo! That's another item off of My Bucket List. You can find this item on My Finished Projects page. Also, check out my Flickr page!

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer as much as I am!
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm TOTALLY trying this one!! ...and yes, I'm scouring your blog to Thanksgiving snack ideas!

    ReplyDelete